(262) 886-9640

Forgot password?

Business Tax Tips

Filing Deadline and Payment Options

If you want to avoid missing the tax deadline, there are several options for last-minute help. If you need a form or publication, download copies from the IRS Forms on their website. If more time is needed to complete your return, a six month extension of time to file can be requested using Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. The IRS has several payment options available as well.

The extension will provide extra time to get all paperwork to the IRS, but it does not extend the time you have to pay any tax due. Make an accurate estimate of any and all tax due when you request an extension. You can also send in a payment for the expected balance due, but this is not required to get the extension. Keep in mind that you will owe interest on any amounts not paid by April 15th, plus a late payment penalty on top of that if you have paid less than 90 percent of your total taxes.

IRS Tax Advocate Service

Have you exhausted all avenues to resolve a tax problem,  but are still experiencing IRS delays? Are you currently facing what you consider to be an economic burden or hardship due to IRS collection? If you are, consider seeking the assistance of the Taxpayer Advocate Service.

You may request the assistance of the Taxpayer Advocate if you find that you can no longer provide for basic necessities such as housing, transportation or food because of the IRS actions. You can also seek help from the Taxpayer Advocate Service if you own a business and are unable to meet basic expenses such as payroll because of IRS actions. A delay of more than 30 days to resolve a tax problem or no response by the promised date may also qualify you for extra assistance.

Qualified taxpayers will receive personalized assistance from a Taxpayer Advocate. The Advocate will listen to your situation, help you understand what needs to be done to resolve it, and provide guidance every step of the way until your problem is resolved to the fullest extent permitted by law.

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS that can help clear up problems that result from previous contacts with the IRS. Taxpayer Advocates will ensure that your case is given a complete and impartial review. Also, if your problem affects other taxpayers, the Taxpayer Advocate Service can work to change the system.

You can gain quick access to the Taxpayer Advocate Service by contacting us here at Right CPA - Felle & Associates S.C., or the IRS directly toll-free at 1-877-777-4778.

Request an Appointment